Re: [LUG] Storing / sharing photos on line

On 22/12/12 15:25, Roland Tarver wrote:
Hi Folks,

If my typically shocking memory serves, someone here recently posted asking for information about storing photos on line. Co-incidentally I have just come across the following project(s) which might be of use...

http://opensource.com/life/12/12/open-photo

Cheers roly :-)

if you wish to store picks with your own hosting company on your own website there is the option of using digikam, a great photo library application, which along with basic editing has a dozen or so export to photo sharing sites and one which will export and generate HTML pages complete with thumbnails, navigation and a choice of 5 or 6 styles. Just upload the generated folders to your site and add a link to the home page.

Of course for blogging you need to do some basic HTML editing on relevant pages to add text. But even my minimal skills are up to this and once you have a basic format you can just cut and past it and just change the content. Same goes for the links on the home page.

OK, this is not a zencart for pic sharing and maybe not great if you upload gzillions of photos every week and want to write long essays, but a suggestion.

Simon