Re: [LUG] Open Source Dropbox

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Philip Hudson wrote:

On 18 Dec, 2012, at 4:25 pm, Richard Brown wrote:

<http://diasporaproject.org>
Is this something we could do as a lug and try to get friends etc to join?

I'd be willing and able to put some time into this.

FWIW: We tried this just over a year ago with opendevon. Although it wasn't disaporia, we did have a Wordpress, a Wiki and an Elg site running on a hosted server.

The response was poor, and after an initial flurry by 3 or 4 people no-one bothered with it. I switched the sites off 6 months ago and no-one noticed.

Gordon