Re: [LUG] Photo blogs

On 15/12/12 11:32, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

So I looked around and finally came up with pixelpost. This has worked
very well for me so far. However, this week I realised that I had not
had any updates or messages from them for a long time. On trying to
open up their forum I found that it is no longer being supported. In
fact there has been no activity for more than four years.

Well, that is no use to me or anyone. Eventually it will break.

Why do you think that?

Maybe there have been no updates to it because it works and the people
who were doing the updates feel that it's actually a finished product.

Imagine that. Something that actually works and is stable - something
you've been using for the past 4+ years without any issues, concerns, etc.

Personally I use wordpress - it's gallery, etc. features are not the
best, but they work OK for me.

e.g.

https://projects.drogon.net/floods-in-buckfastleigh/

or even:

http://moorbakes.co.uk/?p=98

Gordon

I have tried wordpress in the past, don't like it. Anyway it is not the type of program I am looking for. I mean one like this, when you start it you see the most recent photo, with perhaps a title. There may be a facility to make a comment but mainly all you see is the photo taking up most of the screen.

Click anywhere on the photo and you will be taken back to the previous one. Click on that .....well you get the idea. There should also be the ability to click somewhere to bring up a page of thumbnail photos. This is often called 'browse' or 'index'.

This type of program is meant for showing the photos, so they take up most of the screen, there is little room available, or meant for text.

Want to see what I mean?

http://www.pamneil.com/ppxqjz01/index.php

This is pixelpost in use. Just some photos I used to test it out. As you can see it is very different from your floods in Buckfastleigh example which has plenty of text, and small photos. Nothing wrong with that, just a different purpose to the program.

There must be some good, still maintained, programs out there.

I will go on searching,

Neil