[LUG] Photo blogs

Any digital camera users on the list? When I bought my camera some years ago now I decided to set up a photo blog. I didn't want the sort where you just register online and then you can start uploading photos. This sort of blog has your photos all mixed up with every one else's, although they are usually sorted into groups of some sort.

There was also the blog type where you have to set yourself up as a user first. This does mean that your photos are separate from others. But, in both types your pics are 'out there' somewhere, out of your control to some extent.

So I looked at the third blog type, which means that you have to have your own web site. You have to download the package onto your computer, unzip it or whatever to expand it and then upload it to your own website. This does mean that you are much more in control of things.

So I looked around and finally came up with pixelpost. This has worked very well for me so far. However, this week I realised that I had not had any updates or messages from them for a long time. On trying to open up their forum I found that it is no longer being supported. In fact there has been no activity for more than four years.

Well, that is no use to me or anyone. Eventually it will break. So finally to my question. Does anyone on the list have a recommendation for a photo blog program to replace pixelpost? I have come across zenphoto and piwigo while searching but there must be others.

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Neil