Re: [LUG] Printer puzzle

On 05/12/12 22:51, Eion MacDonald wrote:

*From:* Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Sent:* Wednesday, 5 December 2012, 19:42
*Subject:* Re: [LUG] Printer puzzle

Some printer software can be configured to do this. Also sending the
wrong paper size can trigger similar. So check the settings.

I have had similar 'stalls' when printer maker sets  hard fix of paper
to US letter in driver.
Yes, have experienced where printer driver automatically sets paper size
to USA Letter size  in any reboot. Needs to be reset to AA to fix
regards

Eion MacDonald

A couple of ideas there. Today it was OK. The settings seem OK. What seems strange to me is this, previously I was running Mint KDE and an Epson printer. Now I am running Xubuntu and an HP printer.

I had my Epson printer for years and this problem suddenly started very recently. When I replaced both printer and distro I didn't expect it to happen again. Easily sorted of course, just a bit of a nuisance.

I will check printer and page set ups, but I did notice that the HP printer was set to A4 for me. I suspect that it did this as it was aware that I was in the UK. Anyway I will double check the default settings each time I print and see that it does not change.

Thanks

Neil