[LUG] Printer puzzle

A short while ago I started getting an odd problem with my printer. I would try to print something and nothing would happen. On checking I would find that the printer was switched to 'Paused' which I had not done. It was easy enough to correct this but it seemed strange.

It was an old printer and I wondered if it was to blame somehow. Now I have replaced it, and the new printer is not even the same make. Today the same thing happened, I tried to print and nothing ....

Again I checked and indeed the printer was switched to 'Paused'. As soon as I corrected this it worked just fine.

Has anyone had experience of this at all? I have been using Linux for 12 years now and this is not something I have come across until recently.

Thanks

Neil