Re: [LUG] On printers - refillable cartridges

On 30/11/12 11:38, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 30/11/2012 11:20, tom wrote:
On 30/11/12 11:02, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 30/11/2012 09:11, Rob Beard wrote:
On 30/11/12 07:37, tom wrote:
I'm looking to get a printer for printing tshirts ( I will have to
severely modify the printer) and refillables would be the obvious choice.
Any experience of re-filling so I can avoid certain ones?
Tom te tom te tom

Not sure about refillables, but if it's an inkjet I'd suggest looking at a continuous ink system.

I had one a couple of years back on my Epson Stylus Photo R200 and it was ideal, it had special cartridges that went in the printer with tubes going to an ink tank. IIRC the tanks held about 10 times what a normal cartridge did and ink was pretty cheap.

Looking at this site...

http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/

They seem to be around the £50 mark these days with ink starting at about £5 a bottle.

They have a load of Epson printers listed, but I'm sure it would be possible to get them for other printers too such as HP, Canon etc.

Rob

You read my mind Rob! I was just going to suggest that.. for the exact same printer :) ISTR calculating that the size of the bottles (500ml I think - they were huge!) would save about £1000 on original Epson cartridges for the same volume. I don't know about other makes TBH but it worked superbly well with the R200 :)

Ooh.. thank you Google! http://cissmarket.com has a menu selector for different printer makes/models, so you can check prior to purchase if your desired printer has a CISS available and the price.

Julian

I need special ink for printing on fabric and inkexpress cant seem to do that - or get their website search working
Tom te tom te tom

http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/v.php?pg=1114

Any good? :)

That looks interesting however it seems to be for commercial printers - I'm hoping to take modify a normal printer - should save thousands!
Tom te tom te tom