Re: [LUG] New printer

On 29/11/12 16:18, Rob Beard wrote:

Epson SX435W.  I got mine from Tesco for about 50 quid.  It's wireless
and well supported in the new Linux distros (well Linux Mint 13 anyway).

It only uses 4 colour cartridges so you're not going to get the quality
that the Epson Stylus Photo would give you with 6 inks, but I find the
quality is reasonable enough for what I want (I also have an Epson
Stylus Photo R200).

Compatible inks are from around £8 for a set...

http://www.prink.co.uk/epson-stylus-sx435w-ink-cartridges.php

Rob

Thanks, will have a shufti. Of course, for a long time now, I have been using compatible inks from internet-inks which have worked well. By the way my Epson uses an all in one colour cartridge. I am wondering if it is a good idea to get with with separate cartridges for each colour. Or perhaps not.

Neil