Re: [LUG] OT: Spot the Space Station - heavens above site

On 27/11/12 22:45, bad apple wrote:
> On 27/11/12 22:32, Daniel Robinson wrote:
>> loving this topic... anything astrophysics, physics or science orientated
>> makes my skin tingle!!!
>>
>> If anyone knows of apps for windows please let me know also as I find Linux
>> useless for my day to day tasks since the demise of FC4.
>>
>> Ta =)
>>

> Well, you did flag this [OT] to be fair, but are you sure you're on
> the right list my friend?
>
> Stellarium, which is excellent, has Mac and Windows ports as well -
> http://www.stellarium.org/
>
> If Windows is your choice of OS you probably have more options, not
> less, in finding 'sciencey' applications - what exactly are you
> interested in? "Anything... science orientated" doesn't exactly narrow
> it down very much, if you know what I mean.
>
> I'd also love to know what specifically marked out FC4 as your weapon
> of choice for day to day tasks, but everything >FC4 as useless. Not
> being snarky - I use Windows every day as well. Sometimes I even
> rather like it.
>
> Cheers

https://www.scientificlinux.org/

have a look at the above its a specific science distro for linux,
However if you get a package list and google maybe there are windows
ports for many of the applications.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111