Re: [LUG] iplayer and debian

For the record, get_iplayer is really great. Install it and enter into terminal:

get_iplayer --pid="insert full address here, no quotes"

Migel Wimtore <migel_wimtore@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you check to see if it works in another browser? I tink chrome implements flash itself, at least it did, so try Epiphany. Also, get_iplayer is probably in the repositorys, and it will allow you to download from iplayer using the terminal.

Good luck.

Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:15:46 +0000
Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tony,

flash'. I wonder if the trouble is that iplayer system requirements
include firefox <=4 while iceweasel is firefox 3.5.16.

FF>=4....

What is the workaround? Do I try Google Chrome? Do I get a proper
firefox from Mozilla? There must be a way ...

Install IW from squeeze-backports, which will get you V10.* and should
run the Beeb's iplayer without issue. Some of your plugins, add-ons and
what-not If you have any) may stop working, but you'll be notified about
that when IW starts.