[LUG] iplayer and debian

I used to 'listen again' with realplayer but that doesn't work now
that the BBC have merged radio with TV. I can't get iplayer to work;
even with the latest flash player in firefox I get the error message
'please update your settings -- it appears you need to install
flash'. I wonder if the trouble is that iplayer system requirements
include firefox <=4 while iceweasel is firefox 3.5.16.

What is the workaround? Do I try Google Chrome? Do I get a proper
firefox from Mozilla? There must be a way ...

Tony