Re: [LUG] Alt + F3

On 22/11/12 15:09, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 14:16 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have now been using Xubuntu 12.04 for a while and am very pleased so
far. I feel that Maya Xfce would have been a very good distro but for
the problems I had with logging out etc.

One difference, in Maya I had the Alt-F3 shortcut which brought up a
window showing a list of package groups (eg Internet, Graphics) from
which I could choose one to open. Here in Xubuntu that short cut does
nothing.

Could anyone remind me  how that should work please? I have googled but
cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks

Neil

On Fedora mine is Alt F1

This is a useful link for shortcuts
http://faq.programmerworld.net/misc/linux-keyboard-shortcuts.html

You need to know which flavour Desktop you are using (KDE or GNOME)

Well, I am now using Xfce. But then that is what I was using with Maya. Thanks for the link, very useful. It tells me that Alt-F3 is the application control, so I will research that.

Neil