Re: [LUG] Weather geeking

On 19 November 2012 06:26, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't know if anyone else is geeky about the weather, but a couple of
> weeks ago I set up a Lacross ws-2350 weather station on my log shed
> here on the eastern side of Dartmoor.

I've been off on a different track with the RF fun i've been having
and one of the things i've been attempting is weather satellite
reception, this is one i captured over the weekend :-

https://plus.google.com/photos/101634876834713050493/albums/5812150564147145265

(sorry its in a google + post but should be accessible to anyone).

To do this requires a funcube pro dongle (or possibly a RTL TV tuner,
i've got one but only done other RF stuff with it) and a home brew
antenna, and there are various bits of OSS software for gluing this
all together, gpredict, gnuradio, gqrx, wximg

Regards

Robin