Re: [LUG] Android upgrade

On 14 Nov 2012, at 11:08, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 14/11/12 10:40, Julian Hall wrote:
>> On 14/11/2012 09:38, Rob Beard wrote:
>>> When I'm due an upgrade next year I'm going to be looking at the Samsung Galaxy
>>> S3 as I already have a Galaxy S, however I'm not going to rule out what else is
>>> out there too (I believe LG have brought out a new fancy Android and the new
>>> Sony phones look quite nice).
>>>
>>> Big thing for me is what offers I can get on contract too.
>>>
>>> Rob
>> My brother' a big Apple fan.. has been for the last twenty years or so, but when
>> I mentioned my contract upgrade coming up in February, he suggested the Galaxy S
>> III over the iPhone.  Come to think of it he suggested the Desire HD two years
>> ago (wish I'd listened to him then!)
>>
>> Julian
>>
> Sounds like a friend of mine, he was introduced to Apple kit and has a Macbook, he
> swears by it and had an iPhone.  Although in the end he upgraded to the Galaxy S2
> :-)  (and he's started to become a bit of a Linux convert now :-D).
>
> Rob
>
> --

After two androids, a milestone and a desire, I went the other way and grabbed an
iPhone 4s - the mrs got one through work and after a week of sneering at it realised
it did everything I wanted and pretty well, then caved and got one myself.

Android for me was a frustrating mess - from things being clunky to being outright
mental. Not being able to answer my phone (slide damn you, SLIDE!!) was the final
straw.

I'll probably go back after a few more iterations.