Re: [LUG] VBox version 4.2

On 22/10/12 18:53, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I am using VBox to check out various distros in order to decide which
one to install next, as my current distro is Mint 10 KDE, based on
Maverick. This is getting a bit old now.

Until yesterday all was fine, then I set up a new distro in VBox and
found that the Guest Additions didn't work. I especially need to be able
to have a full screen view. Research has shown me that I need to upgrade
VBox from v4.1 to v4.2. Well that should be easy except that when I go
to VBox.org to find the list of Linux versions for this new version the
list does not include Maverick. It does include versions both earlier
and later, eg Lucid and Natty are both listed as well as others.

Can anyone suggest how I should go from here please? Would it be OK to
try the Lucid version? When I check my current v4.1 for updates it tells
me that I am up to date!!

Thanks

Neil

It sounds like you're using the version from the official Ubuntu repositories. I'd suggest maybe trying the Lucid version, with any luck it won't have any dependencies that are incompatible with what you're running.

Looking at the official repositories for VirtualBox there isn't a Maverick package available, presumably because it's no longer supported (and hasn't been for about 6 months).

Rob