Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi RAM doubled :-)

On 15/10/12 15:03, Julian Hall wrote:
  On 15/10/2012 14:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, Dan Dart wrote:

I was also one of the first on that particular bandwagon.
Can't wait...

Wait for what... to Landfill your existing Pi when it can no-longer
run because someone decided that some vital bit of software now needs
512MB to run in?

Personally, while I welcome the move, I think it will seriously annoy
a lot of people - like the few 100,000 others out these who made the
investments in the original version...

Gordon

I just bought an Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti.. next week I saw the 600 at
the same price.  I agree with Rob.. with technology whenever you buy an
item, wait ten minutes and you could have bought it cheaper.  You just
have to bite the bullet and buy at a price point you're happy with and
accept that in time it will be cheaper.  In technology if you wait for
the price to stop falling you'll never buy anything.

Julian

Reading through some of the comments on the Raspberry Pi web site there seems to be a few people moaning about the update. I've got one of the original Rev 1 versions and I'm not too miffed that they released a rev 2 with mounting holes, and now one with more memory. I figure that I'll still be able to use the older one for something if I get one of the newer ones (I'll probably use the older one for media playback or let the kids play with it).

Looking on the bright side, they're only about 30 quid, it's not like everyone is forking out say £300 on one to find it's been replaced by something with more memory or go faster stripes :-)

Rob