Re: [LUG] Postfix outgoing email from single domain address?

On 18/09/12 12:00, Gibbs wrote:
I am struggling to find the proper search terms for this...

Someone is using an Exchange server to manage all of their email accounts locally. I have set up a catch-all on Postfix that they can use to receive and manage their email. The area I am struggling with is sending. Their Exchange server uses Postfix to send email using the same catch-all account.

The problem I have is how do you route/map emails that are all coming from the same account? How can an email from catchall@xxxxxxxxxx be sent as somebodyelse@xxxxxxxxxx?

I don't expect an answer if anybody could provide me with a search term that would be great. Everything I have come across involves Postfix *using* a smart host as opposed to actually being one itself for a specific domain.

Cheers,

Gibbs

IIRC exchange(hoch spit) can do this quite easily itself - you can look for strings in the subject and or body text and use those to direct a message to a particular account/directory. The sendall account depends on their ISP mail setup ( will it allow from: of anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) Putting postfix in the way just makes things difficult if they are only ever using exchange.
Tom te tom te tom