Re: [LUG] Samba - not the dance

On 17/09/12 12:13, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Hi guys, file sharing is an interesting topic.
>
> I really think using SAMBA or NFS is not the way forward. Avoid!
>
> Running a httpd on every device is.
>
> When I get some time, I will update
> https://github.com/kaihendry/FTP2.0 to have drag and drop support like
> the Flickr uploader. That makes it a lot easier to share. Of course
> there are discovery issues next, and if one could formalise a simple
> directory listing format over httpd, I think you could go quite far,
> quite quickly.
>
> Kind regards,

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read...

I will make sure that I uninstall every single instance of
SMB/CIFS/AFP/NFS I have ever implemented and replace all of them with
web servers. Because that's a much better idea.

"Bolox" was a much, much kinder reply than this deserved. Maybe you'd
like to knock up a quick mod_telnet for apache too, so I can get rid of
this crappy SSH that I'm currently using! Also, I'm getting pretty bored
with wheels, maybe you could reinvent one?

*wipes eyes*