Re: [LUG] NFS for windows(hoch spit)

On 13 September 2012 07:31, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have the missfortune to have a w7(hoch spit) setup on a laptop and unable to get a refund I was toying with the idea of actually using it to write a windows(hoch spit)nfs (or similar) server to allow linux machines to communicate with windows(hoch spit) without any need for a tax.
Any thoughts from anyone about where this could go and how to do it.

What exactly do you want to do?

I just use samba to fileshare and run a wild mix of windows xp, vista, 7 and linux systems. There are a few gotchas, but generally it's the most painfree method. Both sides will mount the other's shares as drives/dirs.

Windows 7 (Pro at least) has some NFS systems buried under "Windows components" in Programs & Features. There is also at least one NFS client for windows on sourceforge for free, which I've used in the past.