Re: [LUG] The problems of not backing up aka coffee and laptops do not mix

Have you been fully sorted over this issue?

I am assuming you have a USB to SATA adapter/dock and you have another PC to connect it to.

I tend to boot the whole setup with a Ubuntu live CD or similar and they tend to mount connected USB things quite nicely as well as the local disk and then you can copy one to another. It just seems to keep everything nice and tidy.

I guess you have checked all the obvious issues, power to the adapter to power the drive, drive not damaged etc.

I am sure the LUG have sorted you out by now.

Trevor