Re: [LUG] Dual Boot Windows 7

On 11/09/12 12:02, Henry Bremridge wrote:
I have a new laptop (Samsung from PC World) and am not enjoying Windows.
>From reading on the web (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpipA-_3nSs), I
assume that the best way to getting back to Debian is:
1) Set up partition from within Windows
2) Install Debian live and then follow the instructions as normal. Or is a
debian netinst fine.

Given that
a) I would like whole disk encryption for my debian data (client data) and
I intend to back up every night to an external hardrive
b) I have spent hours getting Windows updated and I do not want to use
system restore on windows

Does anyone have any suggestions?

From my experience the install disk will do the disk partitioning so no need to do that from windows. Grub will then normally find and allow booting windows as well without any extra faffing.
Tom te tom te tom