[LUG] OT: Gigabit Network

 Hi All,

I'm getting *very* slow speeds on my network. Pretty basic setup.. Virginmedia Superhub, NAS, PC. Data between the NAS and PC obviously going through the Superhub. All three devices have Gigibit ports, however I am getting speeds between 3 and 10Mb/s - varies depending on file size of course. My main concern is the cable in use. Currently I'm using Cat5e and the forums online give conflicting information regarding its' suitability, ranging from 'it may work' to 'it should work', up to 'it will work'. So I thought I'd ask a reliable known source, you guys and gals :) I don't want to be ripping out wiring and replacing it with expensive Cat6a (for example) if that's not where the problem lies.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Kind regards,

Julian