Re: [LUG] Video editing

On 06/09/12 08:13, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> OK. I have had several suggestions from you all and I have had a good
> look at them all. I find them all difficult to get to grips with, to
> varying degrees. The main problem is that none of them has any sort of
> comprehensive tutorial or instruction manual. Since all this is new to
> me that makes it all very difficult.

I found that Kino has a fair few tutorials on the web. Certainly able to
answer all my questions with a few searches, and I knew zilch setting
out on editing.

I'm sure the same is true of the others.

> The most promising seems to be kdenlive, but the problem is that I can't
> get the latest version to install. At the moment that requires a ppa
> which I have downloaded and tried to add to the repositories, but it
> doesn't work.

And you need the latest version because.....

I would just go with whatever is properly packaged and supported in your
distributions repositories rather than messing around. That way you are
likely to get bug fixes and upgrades automatically and fairly reliably
(well it works that way with Debian even if sometimes it takes a couple
of years to get the latest version).