Re: [LUG] The disc drive for / is not ready yet or not present

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
> Although in the case mentioned of a half completed upgrade it can be
> painful, depending what the reason for the upgrade not completing
> properly was.

I still don't know, but I guess that the aptitute wasn't particularly
happy with the state of the machine, given that I had installed many
programs and libraries over the year, not always in the tidiest of
ways. So while I did more or less what bad apple suggested, every
problem I solved resulted in two new problems. And now I'm glad I
decided to reinstall. I did have to run a boot-repair CD, as the
reinstall had messed up grub, but after that things have been working
smoothly.

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

Martijn.