Re: [LUG] The disc drive for / is not ready yet or not present

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 3:14 PM, tom wrote:
> It should be 'recoverable'
> Try
> sudo dpkg --configure -a
> sudo apt-get -f install
> sudo apt-get -f upgrade
> sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade
> sudo apt-get autoremove
> sudo apt-get clean
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> sudo reboot

Do you mean I should run all these commands in this order?

I've run most of them, and they fail because there is no network.

I've since found it is possible to upgrade using a DVD as a source, so
I'm now downloading a DVD for me to burn later. I may end up deciding
to back-up my home directory and do a fresh install -- which is a bit
of a pain, but perhaps not such a bad idea, given the general state of
the install.

Thanks

Martijn.