[LUG] please help! ive got an audio problem that needs sorting before i start college!!

hey all could some one please help me with an audio problem i'm having? the problem
is this when i go to use QJactl my laptop slows down to a snails pace so much that
even the orca screen reeder i use cant help me find out what the problem is i'm
totally blind so i really need sighted help my laptop must be ready for college  as
i'm starting a electronic music production course in september i am prepared to come
and meet any one who wants to help in person and travel is not an issue for me

Your help with this problem would be most welcome.

Kind regards trahern.