Re: [LUG] file transfer via router

If this is a single shot deal, you've already mentioned (and seemingly
dismissed) the simplest method; sneakernet. ÂBy the time you've had
suggestions from here, installed and set up software on *two* machines,
you could probably have done the job.

I'll +1 this suggestion. Especially since it's just a one off thing. Just the other day I was backing up the wife's laptop for a reinstall and I turned on vsftpd for the purpose. After seeing it was going to take over 20 hours to transfer all the files, I packed the whole thing in and just used my phone (with a 16GB uSD card) to physically move the files. The whole effort took 3 trips and about 2 hours to do.

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes"
- Dennis Ritchie