Re: [LUG] Firefox 13 rendering issues

On 31/07/12 18:02, paul sutton wrote:
> Earlier and yesterday I noticed that having 2 tabs open in firefox 13
> causes content from one to appear in the other tab e.g an embedded video
> in tab 1, switch to DIFFERENT webpage on tab 2 and i can still see the
> video as sort of background area getting in the way.
>
> Also recently noticed other rendering issues with webpages recently too.
>
> Today I upgraded to firefox 14 and this seems to have solved the issue,
> just thought i would share as others may be experiencing something
> similar and this seems to be a fix.
>
> I am running ubuntu 11.10 with the lubuntu desktop.
>
> I say this as I did have 11.10 ubuntu but then installed the lubuntu
> desktop rather than installing lubuntu from scratch.
>

> hope this helps
>
> Paul

Any reason as to why you took two weeks (Firefox 14 was released on July
17th) to upgrade from v13? The ubuntu repos would have had the update
available and flagged by default within 24 hours of the Mozilla release
so either you pinned your old version or just don't update very often.
Not casting aspersions of any kind, just genuinely curious...

Does nobody else use the nightly builds? I've been running freshly
compiled bleeding edge releases for years without a single problem and
it's really miles ahead of the release versions: much faster, better
add-on compatibility, lower memory usage, etc etc. If you're lazy and
don't want to/know how to compile your own builds there are even nightly
binaries released for Mac/Win/Linux. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Mat