Re: [LUG] perhaps silly question. How to get 'flash' version that permits BBC flash video in Open Suse

On 21/07/12 18:40, Simon Waters wrote:
> The current latest Flash for GNU/Linux requires SSE2 instructions in the
> CPU, this is not present in AMD CPUs before the Athlon 64.
Thanks for information.
Tried a few browsers and other things, no ready solution.
Thanks for bug reference.
No real concern for me, but does destroy the many older machines I have
put over to Linux  distros for charity use. As I set these to auto update.
 They will probably become 'bricks' (at least for 'Flash' on BBC) .At
least 6 machines in local youth club will no longer be able to watch BBC
video clips in news! As I note from bug report as these have CPUs
without relevant sse sse2.

Checked by using live Linux Knoppix on a more modern Pentium T4300 CPI
machine.  All works ok.

Many thanks for knowledge.
--
Regards