Re: [LUG] Anyone got any ideas for events...

On 18/07/12 13:35, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, David Monks wrote:

...that we could run/host to promote our half-open new hackspace in
Penzance? [...]

Run a RaspberryJam. [...]

Gordon

Unforgivable, I know, but I'm still waiting for my Pi, and will order
some for the company as soon as I can transfer some more cash in.
It's a great idea and we'd love to run a jam, but are underequipped.

It doesn't matter. There are 100's in Cornwall who do have them, and I know people who'd travel down from Devon if invited to give a talk ;-)

I've considering running one in Exeter at some point too - just securing premises... Which I think I have - a huge hall, rigged for AV, plenty of car parking and a reasonable rate...

Gordon

That sounds really interesting. I did wonder what the difference between a RaspberryJam and general LUG meeting was, but I guess it's more aimed at the Raspberry Pi and what it can do. I'd certainly be interested in attending one in Exeter, and possibly one in Cornwall or Bristol too (could be a nice day out) :-)

Rob