Re: [LUG] monitors for coding

For development work, I find the old adage of bigger is better still applies. In fact, most professional setups use two monitors (ideally the wide screen sort). The more screen realestate you can get the better.

Virtual desktops are better than nothing, but it's still better to have everything on screen at the same time so you don't have to switch windows around.

On 21 June 2012 12:09, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21/06/12 09:54, tom wrote:
> I'm toying with seriously up-sizing my monitor (to 24/28 or even more)
> but my primary (exc)use is for coding.
> Does anyone do that sort of thing and have any recommendations cos
> everyone thinks monitors is for watching video these days...
> Tom te tom te tom

I guess it depends on which IDE (development environment) you are going
to be using, Âits like with gimp that has loads of boxes etc that on a
smaller monitor just end up squashed together,

however do you need a bigger monitor if you have virtual desktops that
can be arranged as a 2x2 grid or bigger, Âyou can switch around easily,

Sure bigger is better too, Â or would 2 or more monitors work equally as
well ?

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com