Re: [LUG] monitors for coding

On 21/06/12 09:54, tom wrote:
> I'm toying with seriously up-sizing my monitor (to 24/28 or even more)
> but my primary (exc)use is for coding.
> Does anyone do that sort of thing and have any recommendations cos
> everyone thinks monitors is for watching video these days...
> Tom te tom te tom

I guess it depends on which IDE (development environment) you are going
to be using,  its like with gimp that has loads of boxes etc that on a
smaller monitor just end up squashed together,

however do you need a bigger monitor if you have virtual desktops that
can be arranged as a 2x2 grid or bigger,  you can switch around easily,

Sure bigger is better too,   or would 2 or more monitors work equally as
well ?

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com