Re: [LUG] Pi Output Box

On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 18:46 +0100, Mark Evans wrote:

> On 03/06/12 13:00, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> > On 2 June 2012 22:11, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> >>
> >> Make something idiot proof and you'll just find a better class
> >> of idiot ;-)
> >>
> >> I resemble that remark!
> >
> > Not only that I am showing my age.  Having looked at the GPIO I
> > thought "this is a job for a 8255", this would give one 24 lines
> > and are (were) very cheap, however I do not think they make them
> > any longer :(

An aside to this thread. Have you seen the MagPi issue 2?

This gives a very simple GPIO guide with a python GPIO from
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/RPi.GPIO

using a butchered pc  (the Front panel jumper leads) for the connectors
and a piece of proto type board you can get a led and button to work in
minutes. From there the world's you pi-crust.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Skype minions_shop