Re: [LUG] Sky Go

On 15/05/12 17:23, Brad Rogers wrote:

> At the risk of stating the obvious:  Lack of support for a piece of
> software doesn't mean it immediately stops working.  All it means is
> that, if things do go awry, you've got no recourse.

With DRM it can mean things just stop, and that has happened in the past.

But more to the point if Microsoft aren't supporting it, it means no
future for it after the next Windows release, and no chance of
additional clients.

>From a business perspective this means LoveFilm will have an additional
transition some time in the near future, and given the limited support
for Silverlight they are chucking away potential sales, and then
switching again with the inevitable fall away that will result. They
also have to implement stuff again for mobile clients. Using DRM is
remarkably expensive from the providers perspective and provides no
protection against organized piracy.

My LoveFilm subscription was a gift, if I was paying I'd probably have
asked for a refund to make the point.