Re: [LUG] Sky Go

On 15/05/12 12:50, Gibbs wrote:

> /"Weâve been asked to make this change by the Studios who provide us
> with the films in the first place, because theyâre insisting â
> understandably â that we use robust security to protect their films from
> piracy, and they see the Silverlight software as more secure than Flash."/

And yet they ship them out on DVDs, which are even easier to copy than
Flash. "dd if=/dev/dvd of=/tmp/movie".

But I think it is clear the market isn't working here, when was the last
time a supplier told you how to run your business? Suggested, maybe,
recommended definitely, but insisted. Probably the actions are illegal,
but I doubt the folks at LoveFilm would challenge it for fear of losing
their suppliers.

> What confuses me is that I thought Microsoft were killing off Silverlight.

They are, they announced it just before LoveFilm announced their intent
to switch to it. Nice to know they have their finger on the pulse.