Re: [LUG] Manchester - Madlab, UCubed, etc. stickers

On 30/04/12 11:02, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Just a quick posting about what I got up to on Saturday - I visited
> the ucubed un-conference in Manchester at a place called Madlab. It's
> a rather interesting place with lots of space, demo areas,
> lecture/talk space, a workshop, library and so on.
>
> UCubed is (was): http://ucubed.info/
> Madlab is: http://madlab.org.uk/
>
> Some photos of the event: (not mine, but spot me ;-)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/1687774@N22/
> https://plus.google.com/photos/102569475330772729673/albums/5736561443578718225?authkey=CMnsu7rrxci2DQ
>

> I think it would be good to have something like this in the South West
> at some point - although the issues we face is that of geographic
> size! However Exeter is easy to get to (relatively speaking) so why
> not...
>
> Does anyone here go to the hackspace in Exeter at all? I went last
> year a couple of times, but wasn't impressed - wondering if it's worth
> while going along again to see what they're up to now, however in the
> absence of that, then ....
>
> I probably was the furthest travelled to that event in Manchester but
> there were a good bunch of folks from Blackpool and surrounds, so if
> we could get something going we might well attract people from much
> further afield... Certainly something to think about for the
> (hopefully not too distant) future?
>
> Oh, and I was put on the spot too - walking back to the station with
> Alan O'Donohoe (http://about.me/alanodonohoe) I was pretty shattered
> at that point, but he asked me for a audio boo blog thing on IRC -
> laugh at me here:
>
> http://audioboo.fm/boos/776548-drogon-explains-what-internet-relay-chat-is-irc-post-ucubed
>

> Cheers,
>
> Gordon

Before anyone asks about the stickers featured in the albums.

http://shop.fsf.org/product/super-sticker-mega-multi-pack/

$10

If its Ok with the lug, I can get some from the free software
foundation,  and take the money out of the Lug funds bag I have here,
then we have them for future meetings such as this,    We don't have
much in there, so if we want to do events we need to have a few
collections or i guess people will be willing to sponsor the event etc.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111