[LUG] any ruby experts out there?

doing apt-cache search ruby gives the following

I just wondered what some of these packages were ?  I have made a guess
at some just wondered if anyone could fill the gaps.   perhaps also
explain what bindings mean in this context;

thanks

asked here as the answers may be of interest to others here.

thanks

Paul

ri1.8 - Ruby Interactive reference (for Ruby 1.8)

ok this is clearly a manual

ruby-akonadi - Akonadi Ruby bindings

ruby-kde4 - KDE bindings for the Ruby language
ruby-kde4-dbg - Debug symbols for the KDE ruby bindings

kde related stuff

ruby-okular - Okular Ruby bindings

I take it this allows me to write extentions for okular in ruby (okular
is a universal document viewer for kde)

ruby-plasma - Plasma Ruby bindings

IIRC plasma is kde related
ruby-sinatra - Ruby web-development dressed in a DSL

ruby-soprano - Soprano Ruby bindings
ruby1.8-full - Ruby 1.8 full installation

Full binary stuff for ruby

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111