Re: [LUG] Plug in NAS/proxy box and remote stuff.

Fon.com

On Apr 30, 2012 7:41 PM, "Rob Beard" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30/04/12 15:13, tom wrote:
We have a couple of holiday cottages and people want WiFi . I only get
2MB here and I need to work on some of that. I was wondering what was
available that I could use to allow them 1MB while I live on the other
1M and whatever they're not using.
Also I'd like it to be able to act as a print hub and stick USB drives
on it for backup. And run a proxy off it too...

I think IPCop can do this with Advanced Proxy.

ALso 12v Stuff. I'm thinking of getting a 100W solar panel for a radio
in my polytunnel and while I'm their I thought I might connect the
pollytunnel up by wifi and wondering if anyone know of any stuff that
runs of 12v and can take a roasting in thepolly tunnel?
Tom te tom te tom

Raspberry Pi?

(but as far as I know there isn't IPCop available for ARM, although I guess it could be ported).  Failing that a low power VIA box?

Rob