Re: [LUG] FaceBook

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Philip Hudson wrote:
> er... free software? FaceBook? No.
>
> https://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9226600/Facebook_hacker_comes_clean
>
> This is really quite worrying. If members of this list can be bamboozled by
> corporate flim-flam into believing the likes of FB produce free software,
> then who is safe?

No one made that claim. Someone (Paul, I believe) linked to pages
where Facebook and Twitter say they use free software to build their
sites and its employees contribute to the open source community. That
doesn't make the website itself open-source (the back-end, that is -
the HTML/CSS/JavaScript front-end obviously is). Very few websites
are.

Martijn.