Re: [LUG] Controversial ?

On 28/04/12 13:50, Tony Sumner wrote:
On Apr 28, 2012, techservices wrote:

I see an opportunity in Exeter, with such a concentrated population,
   it's Uni, and College and I believe that there is now enough uptake
   of GNU/Linux to warrant a dedicated local group. In fact I think
   that this might be true for Plymouth, and Taunton also.

I welcome this. I live in Wellington.  I used to go to meetings in
Paignton once but I don't drive now and trains are not easy. I can get
to Exeter by bus or train (and bus is free). I agree there should be a
group in Taunton and it is surprising that there isn't.

Tony Sumner

Isn't there a Glastonbury LUG? Maybe it could be worth speaking to some of the guys at that LUG and seeing if there are any folks in or around Taunton who might be interested in meeting up. Failing that I guess there are UK wide mailing lists such as the Ubuntu-UK list or the Linux Format forums.

Rob