Re: [LUG] Controversial ?

On 28/04/12 11:36, paul sutton wrote:
Excellent Idea,  I think one of the main issues with the main lug is we
are so wide spread it's very hard to co-ordinate efforts on a large
scale to a local community so efforts on a local scale are welcome and
will probably be effective.  You still have the pooled knowledge of the
dclug which  is pretty extensive given the diverse range of members from
an even more diverse range of industries.  This is a massive strength to
the dcglug.

The #dclug irc channel is starting to get more active,  so I would
propose using that for chat rather than another channel as that simply
puts a handful of users in 2 channels,   e-maikls can be forwarded
between groups but irc messages that gets messy.   unless you set up
#exeter on the same server (talk to Neil stone) but as you are on there
anyway then that makes life easier.

good luck with this.

Paul

Maybe set up a Google+ hangout too for anyone interesting in having a chat.

Rob