Re: [LUG] New toy...

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Rob Beard wrote:

Looks good. I'll be interested to know what exciting things you manage to do with it.

It's just a Linux computer. Tonight I installed xchat and connected to the LUG IRC... That's not particularly exciting, but ...

I'm preparing for when I get a Raspberry Pi (whenever that will be, I read on the Raspberry Pi that they're hoping to fulfill orders by about June time or something like that). I picked up a 22" LCD monitor today with DVI, just need to get a hub now and 'borrow' my kids USB charger (which IIRC is just powerful enough to power it).

They expect to have caught-up by mid-June AIUI. Then it'll be on-demand. I might even have the one I ordered off Farnell by then too...

I bought a cheap powered hub, mouse & keyboard out of Tescos today. Tried PC world, but that place in Plymouth is useless. I need an HDMI to DVI-D adapter though - my little old green monitor is just about coping!

Gordon