Re: [LUG] Oracle and Google's Android copyright row trial begins

On 16/04/12 12:36, paul sutton wrote:
On 16/04/12 10:52, tom wrote:
On 16/04/12 10:37, Roland Tarver wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17705873

"Oracle's claim that Google violated several of its patents and
copyrights goes to trial in a San Francisco court on Monday.

It is one of the biggest such tech lawsuits to date. Oracle is
claiming about $1bn (£630m) in compensation.

The Java developer claims Google's Android system infringes
intellectual property rights relating to the programming language."

Hmmm could this end badly for floss?

Either way, it seems a huge and expensive effort. I would be very
interested to see which is the greatest; money spent on software
development or money spent of software legal fees!?

roly :-(

And don’t forget to check out www.groklaw.net for ongoing commentary
and lunacy. Wish we had a law site like that in this country...
Tom te tom te tom

I wonder if they would let us register groklaw-uk.net and do something
similar perhaps work with them as we would have the same or similar aims
and objectives

Paul

We need someone with the determination and knowledge of PJ - a very rare find!
Tom te tom te tom