[LUG] Xperia Ray part 2

Earlier I started a thread about my problems with my Xperia Ray phone.
It works very well except that I cannot log on to my wifi. If I reset
the router I can log on immediately but the connection drops after about
an hour. Then the only way to log on again is to reset the router again.

Last week I visited the local computer shop (in Holsworthy) where I know
the owner. He let me log on to his wifi for a test and it worked, but I
could not stay long enough to check for a drop out.

As I was due to spend Easter with my son in Swindon I decided to test it
all out there and report back. Well I did and it all worked perfectly. I
could log on at any time, no problem, and it stayed logged on all day. I
ran this test from Saturday to today, Tuesday, and have had no problems.
(I should mention that my daughter-in-law has an Xperia Arc and has
never had any problems.)

Now I am back home and here we are again with the connect/disconnect
cycle. At least I now know that the phone works. I suspect my router and
the phone do not work together. I have done some research on this and
find that the Netgear DG834g v5 does not work with Xperia phones. And
yes, that is my router.

I have previously been considering getting a better router, preferably
type N wifi, so that seems to be the logical next step. On the other had
I don't want the hassle and expense of that if it is not going to work.
So I am asking for some advice about a possible replacement router for
this. Can anyone recommend a router, wifi N please?

Many thanks

Neil