Re: [LUG] meeting at Eat that Frog

On 31/03/12 11:36, Roland Tarver wrote:
> On 22/03/12 19:22, paul sutton wrote:
>> On 21/03/12 12:12, paul sutton wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I think due to peoples availability for weekday meets I will call a
>>> rain
>>> check on arranging a meet for the 26th March.  Once the rugby season is
>>> over and I have weekends free AND TIME I will arrange a lug meet and we
>>> can hopefully meet with a member of staff during the course of the lug
>>> meet.  So for this will will looking around May onwards.
>>>
>>> I will probably also look to making any such meeting 2nd Saturday so
>>> normal meeting day for the Paignton meets.  If it costs money we have
>>> something like a whole £15 in lug funds which I am holding here.
>>>
>>> To remind people where and what this please is again
>>>
>>> http://www.eatthatfrog.org/
>>>
>>> Hope this helps
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Ok forget that idea, for now they are closed on Saturdays.  I will try
>> and find somewhere we can meet up and do talks / demos etc, then if we
>> arrange long enough in advance it means people can plan ahead,
>>
>> Will drop back into eat that frog and talk to gail,  as I am sure they
>> seem to do some stuff on saturdays,  but we need the food / drink area
>> open ideally.
>>
>> Rob is epicentre suitable for talks etc,
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Hi Paul
>
> I am not entirely sure of your aspirations regard ETF. I was not
> necessarily thinking of a alternative meeting place. I was actually
> thinking that it might be a good avenue to get more folks into floss.

same here.   It would be a good way to introduce linux to more people,
now we know where we stand on the first satuday it does open up more
options.

> As you know i work shift work so sometimes cannot make weekends,
> conversely, I can make some weekdays (i.e. when they are open).

that is fine,  lets see what happens,

> I think I may still visit them, just to satisfy my curiosity about
> what they do and assess the potential for introducing floss to new folk.
>
> I hope this is ok with you?

Yeah good idea, you need to speak to Gail,  however may want to e-mail
first make sure she is there and arrange a slot, as she was very busy
last time I spoke,  last time i went in,  i spoke briefly to someone
else to ask if they open saturday.   So Gail may give you a different
answer.   They are up for things,   just finding the time,    Once rugby
has finished, i can be more useful.

> Best wishes
> roly :-)

Paul