Re: [LUG] Unix mail queue length

On 31 Mar, 2012, at 12:26 pm, Simon Waters wrote:

On 31/03/12 12:17, Philip Hudson wrote:
OK, I give up. How do you check whether the unix mail ('mail' or 'mailx'
or 'Mail') queue is empty from the command line? On *BSD/darwin it's
'mail -e', which gives you an exit status telling you whether there's
anything queued or not.

Depends what "mail" command you have.

My /usr/bin/mail uses the alternatives system to point to
/usr/bin/bsd-mailx from the Debian bsd-mailx package. So for me the
command is "mail -e".

If in doubt "man mail" will probably tell you on Debian, except it isn't
documented for bsd-mailx - I'll file a bug.

Thanks Simon. I've now installed 'heirloom-mailx' and all is sweetness and light.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63