[LUG] Xperia Ray and Wifi

Do we have any Android experts on the list? I recently bought a Sony
Xperia Ray. Nice little phone, worked well. Then I did something silly,
I upgraded to Android 2.3.4. Since then I have had problems with using
the wifi connection. It connects and then disconnects immediately. This
cycle is repeated until I stop the wifi connection.

When I first bought the phone it worked just fine. I should never have
upgraded. I have found via Google that others have the same problem. It
was suggested that I download and set up a package called wifiselect. I
have done this but to no avail.

The only way that I can log on to my wifi successfully with this new
phone is by switching off the router for a while and then restarting it.
After that the phone will stay connected for a while, then the whole
cycle starts again.

I have read that Android v 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is going to be ready
for the Xperia Ray soon, so perhaps it would be sensible to wait till
then. However if anyone has any suggestions meanwhile I would be grateful.

At the moment the only advantage I have with the new phone is that it
includes a camera, otherwise all I can to with it is make calls and/or
send text messages. My old phone does that and it cost just over £23.

Thanks,

Neil