Re: [LUG] possible new members

On 28/03/12 19:42, paul sutton wrote:
HI

talking to a friend earlier today he said he had a friend who were
having real problems with windows,   (virus, malware etc) I said I use
Ubuntu so don't have that problem,  anyway as they live in torquay I
have passed on the lug web address and the lug sign up page so we may
get a new member asking for help,

*ick* Ubuntu? :-s :-)

Sorry not a fan of Unity. Saying that after having some issues with Mint 12 I'm thinking of either going back to Mint 11 or maybe Debian, or even Gentoo (if I have the patience to sit there and wait for it to compile, unless there is a live version I can install and compile later on when I have free time).

Funny you should mention this too, I'm just trying to fix my brother inlaw's laptop. Celeron 1.73GHz, 1GB Ram (256MB used by the video card so only 768MB usable)... Vista... runs like a dog. I'm going to introduce him to Linux Mint since all he does is basic web browsing.

I know there are members like Rob beard who could probably help a) clear
viruses and malware but also B) install some sort of Linux distro,
either ubuntu, kubuntu,  mint (along side)  or which ever is most suited
to their needs. and advise to suit.

Yep, well if you want to pass my number on I can send it off list.

Rob next time you attend a lug meet and I am there can I have a few
business cards please,  so I can give out to people who ask for IT help.

No problem, I did have some business cards but after splitting with my ex the address and number aren't valid, so I'm going to have to print some more. :-)

Anyway we may have a new user join up and asking for help, so hopefully
we can help out,

Sounds good :-)

Rob