Re: [LUG] meeting at Eat that Frog

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, paul sutton wrote:

Rob is epicentre suitable for talks etc,

I don't know what Rob thinks, but I've no plans to go there ever again in my entire life. Their coffee was nothing special, their chocolate torte dreadful and staff particularly clueless. It was small and crowded on a Saturday lunchtime out of the tourist season - full of trendy young things - not a bad thing in itself, but not lending itself to be a place where you could do a talk in... (in that respect it's worse than the Shoreline)

Lets face it, using a public space to give a talk is just not on - it doesn't work. You're never going to have space to setup a projector, give demos, etc. People get in the way )-:

And has anyone actually worked out what talks you want to hear? (And who to give them)

Gordon