Re: [LUG] Mobile phone data recovery

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Can anyone on the list suggest any way to recover all this please? The
data are not encrypted, and not corrupted in any way as far as we know.
Possibly the fall did some damage, but we have no way of knowing.

It would be easy to say something like "that'll teach her for not having a backup", however having been in a similar situation with a family member, it's hard...

So... I'd see if the phone powers up - and plug in a USB cable (assuming USB) and see if the host detects it. That'll likely get you the photos, but not the phone numbers - you might need Nokia data suite for that (on a Win PC)

Failing that, is the internal memory card (micro-sd?) removable? Some are - take the battery out and see what you can see.

Although 6 years old... They'll be 1.3MP images of dubious quality...

But start googling for results - you can probably get new screen for it and DIY the replacement...

Gordon